First figure out what you want
I have a friend who is always complaining about her relationship situation (or lack thereof).
She goes on dates with different guys but is never satisfied. I recently asked her what she was looking for in a guy. She said, “I don’t know.” I asked, “What are you looking for in a relationship?” Again, “I don’t know.”
No wonder she’s not satisfied. She doesn’t have a clue what she wants. Until she figures it out, she’ll never be satisfied. Not only that, but she won’t even know if she’s satisfied.
Not knowing what you want from life is a great way to be perpetually frustrated. You’ll feel the itch but have no way of scratching it.
One of the smartest things you can do for yourself is to figure out what you want. Of course, this doesn’t just apply to your love life, it applies to your entire life.
- What type of job do you want?
- What type of leader do you want to be?
- How much money do I want to raise?
- What do you want from your work?
- What about your love life?
- What do you want to do with your time off?
- How do you want to impact the planet?
- How much money do you want to make (and what do you want to do with it)?
- How will you measure your success?
Take yourself to a coffee shop with a pen and paper and reflect. Write about what you want from life and what you want to do with your time. Be really honest with yourself.
Once you figure out what you want, then you can begin working on it.
Until then you’ll just be floundering around going on random dates, perpetually dissatisfied because you don’t even know what you’re looking for.